Supporting Customers experiencing Vulnerability and Family Violence
At Vero, we are committed to improving outcomes for customers experiencing vulnerability and continuously strive to do more for them in times of need.
In line with the reforms introduced in the new General Insurance Code of Practice, we have identified and made a number of enhancements that support the General Insurance Industry's strong promise to improving customer outcomes, with the first key area of focus being customers experiencing vulnerability, including family violence.
Note: These enhancements apply to the following Vero products:
- Private Home and Motor
- Commercial SME Packages
- Commercial Non-Fleet Motor (stand alone and SME Packages)
- Commercial Fleet Motor (for claims handling only)
Commercial Fleet Motor and Wholesale (non-PDS) products are not included in the enhancements.
What enhancements have Vero made to support customers?
Additional support will be provided to our broker partners and customers via newly created specialised and trained teams. Updates and changes to our systems will ensure improved vulnerability identification, response and sensitivity, including:
- The redaction of all sensitive information contained in a vulnerable customer’s documents.
- With a customer's consent , recording vulnerabilities across all systems to ensure details of their situation do not have to be repeated.
- Enhanced security measures for joint policies. The address and contact details of a vulnerable customer will be protected, and customers are also able to add a second mailing address.
- The garaged address of any mobile assets held by the vulnerable customer, will also be protected.