RM Advancer ®
Rewarding remarkable risk management
RM Advancer Key Dates
25 October 2018
RM Advancer Awards
RM Advancer is Australia's premier risk management awards program, recognising our clients for outstanding performance in risk management. The event showcases the risk management achievements of Vero and GIO Workers Compensation, brokers, and clients. Now in its thirteenth year, these prestigious awards are open to small to medium enterprises (SMEs) as well as large organisations.
2018 RM Advancer Awards Finalists announced
Category finalists in Australia’s premier risk management awards have just been announced.
The RM Advancer finalists are:
Commercial (More than $100 million annual turnover)
- Coca Cola Amatil
- UnitingCare Queensland
Workers Compensation and liability (More than $100 million annual turnover)
- Baptistcare WA
- DP World Australia
- Gold Fields Australia
- Sussan Group
- The Reject Shop
Small and Medium Enterprises (Less than $100 million annual turnover)
- Goodwin Aged Care
- Mind Australia
SME has been combined into a single category and a record number of nominations have been received in the Workers Compensation and liability category this year.
The winners will receive 200,000 Virgin Velocity points*.
The RM Advancer Award winners will be announced on 25 October at an exclusive gala event in Melbourne.
Thank you for your support and good luck to the finalists!
AKD Softwoods winner of the 2015 Vero RM Advancer Award
Vero RM Advancer - TTi Case Study
Shaw’s Darwin Transport
- Focus on health, safety and wellbeing of truckers
- Extending this philosophy and mentality to partners and physical assets
- Investment in technology, facilities and engagement with long-term, strategic partners.
Enterprise Wide Risk Management Award Finalists
- CPC Engineering
- Parkside Timber Division
- Facility built with risk management at the forefront of design
- Latest Building Management Systems technology implemented, with early warning signs for ammonia leaks and ventilation failure
- Effective Business Continuity Plan implemented after hail damage in 2015.
Property Award Finalists
- Downer Rail (part of Downer EDI)
- Policy of continuous improvement
- Overhaul of their risk management strategy
- Developed a new risk profile, established industry benchmarking and cultivated more practical, engaging risk review process to reduce the risk of liability exposure.
- Strong focus on identifying risks and implementing risk management techniques
- Culture of ownership amongst employees and contractors
- Industry-changing approach to maintenance in the retail environment.
Motor Risk Management Award Finalists
- Coca Cola Amatil
- Practical, risk-based approach to all aspects of business
- One-page procedures and simple processes, to ensure full utilisation and adoption
- Created a purpose-built underground training facility dedicated to preparing employees for risk management before setting foot onsite.
GIO Workers Compensation Award Finalists
- Compass Group
- Royal Automotive Club of Western Australia
* Prize is subject to availability. Terms & conditions apply.