- Supporting our broker partners through the ongoing COVID-19 situation
- Partner engagement
- Commercial packages enquiries
- Claims and assessing
- Additional tools to help you
- Suncorp Learning Campus
- Supporting customers experiencing vulnerability
- How to stay focused and productive when working from home
- Key contact information
- We’re here to help
With the COVID-19 virus being declared a global pandemic, we wanted to share some information about the steps we’re taking to support you during these uncertain times.
Our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our people, broker partners and customers. We’re closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following the advice of the government authorities and experts and will respond to any updated recommendations.
Vero is well prepared with plans in place to make sure we can continue to support you and your customers.
Our teams are committed to helping you and your business during this time. We are separating our distribution and underwriting teams across different office locations and working from home, and we don’t expect there to be any change to our internal processes.
- For SME Packages underwriting follow-up requests, please use the normal email channels rather than phone, so we can prioritise incoming transactions.
- For GIO Underwritten Workers Compensation, please use VeroEdge for SME policies where possible. Please note that in Western Australia, all Overseas Common Law cover for any new journey has been suspended in-line with the DFAT warnings on overseas travel.
- We will increase our use of technology, such as video and teleconferencing, to make sure we stay connected with you. Your dedicated BDM will be in contact to set up a reoccurring virtual appointment.
- We are minimising face to face partner engagement, including corporate events, conferences, and training. If it is business critical for our people to meet with you in person, they will follow the necessary health and safety protocols that we have in place.
We have received a large number of enquiries relating to commercial packages policies. Should you believe your customer’s circumstances and policy responds, we encourage you to lodge a claim so it can be reviewed on a case by case basis. Email your claim to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 888 073.
If you need support to answer customer questions, please contact your dedicated BDM.
At this stage, we are maintaining business as usual service standards. We are looking at alternate assessment and settlement methods for Home and Commercial Property and employing safety advice for Motor assessments.
We understand many of our customers impacted by the natural disasters in the 2019/2020 summer months need our support and we are working with them to use information already available to help settle claims.
We’re continuing to work with our panel of suppliers and builders to make sure we are supporting them throughout the claims process.
For GIO Underwritten Workers Compensation claims, we are working with all allied health services and other service providers to get the best outcomes for injured workers.
With the increasing need for people to work from home, the Suncorp Learning Campus, our broker education program offers a wide range of CPD accredited online courses on personal growth and client engagement. Some of the soft skills around client engagement may help you to successfully navigate difficult conversations with your customers.
Go to suncorplearningcampus.com to start your free 30-day trial.
We are aware of the impact COVID-19 is having on individuals, communities and businesses. Suncorp’s Customer Advocate, Matt Leslie provides some guidance on how to recognise and support customers who are experiencing vulnerability. Watch the short video, here.
Whether you’re working from home in the wake of COVID-19 or in a distributed team, remote work can come with unique challenges. Especially if you’re not used to it, it can be tough to channel the same level of focus that you might have in an office setting. And when you’re suddenly away from the rest of your team, a lack of collaboration and connection can be difficult to navigate. Here are a few simple strategies you can put in place today.
Please find up-to-date key contact information contained in the sheets below:
As the situation is moving quickly, we’ll continue to deliver regular communication to keep you informed of any new developments or changes to our business. We encourage you to reach out to your dedicated BDM or relationship manager should you need any assistance. They’re here to help you - no matter how small or how complex your enquiry.
Disclaimer: This newsletter is for information purposes only and is not legal or financial advice. The information is intended to be of a general nature only. We do not accept any legal responsibility for any loss incurred as a result of reliance upon it – please make your own inquiries. This newsletter has been prepared by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807 trading as Vero Insurance.